README for Microsoft Audio Capture Prototype Plugin for Internet Explorer
Thank you for choosing to evaluate the Microsoft Audio Capture Prototype Plugin for Internet Explorer. This preview provides an implementation of the Audio portion of the Media Capture API W3C Working Draft. Please see the KNOWN LIMITATIONS AND DIFFERENCES FROM DRAFT section below.
- Windows 7
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
- The latest version of the .NET Framework
INSTALLATION / UNINSTALLATION
Run the included msi file and follow the instructions on the screen.
Click Start ŕ Control Panel ŕ Programs and Features
Select “Media Capture Demo”
1. Make sure that you have a microphone and speakers connected to your computer, and that the drivers are correctly installed.
2. Open the “Media Capture Demo” folder on your Desktop
3. Open the “Record_Play_Media_Capture” html page
4. Allow the ActiveX to run when IE Prompts you
5. Click on the Microphone icon to start recording
6. Recording stops when you either A) stop talking or B) click the “Stop” Button (captured audio is saved) or C) click the “Cancel” Button (captured audio is discarded)
7. Click “Play” to listen to what you just recorded.
KNOWN LIMITATIONS AND DIFFERENCES FROM DRAFT
- Video/Image capture is not yet supported by this plugin.
- The prototype implementation of Capture.captureAudio starts capturing the audio, but it does not expose a UI to the user to end the capture. In order to end the capture we included the MediaCaptureHelper.stopCapture() function in MediaCapture.js, which a consumer of the Media Capture API can use to indicate when to end the audio capture.
Microsoft welcomes feedback on this implementation through the Contact Us page of html5labs.com